Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Father asked me to keep a secret from my husband?

I told him no and asked that he not tell me anything he didn't want my husband to know. My father is now very upset with me and says this is really putting a kink in our relationship. I don't know what else to tell him. I don't want this to come between me and my dad but my husband comes first and I just won't keep anything from him. My husband and I became one when we married and secrets separate that bond, in my opinion. My father has never had a successful marriage and does not understand why I won't promise to not tell my husband. He considers my reaction as betrayal and he doesn't think he can trust me with anything personal ever again. Is there anything I can do/say that will help him understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment